Thursday 12 October 2017

NaNoWriMo is Coming!

Aiya!

Ack! Am I the only one who is shocked at how fast November is coming?

Why is November such a big deal? Well, you see, this will be my first ever NaNoWriMo.

A quick fill in for anyone who doesn’t know what NaNoWriMo is…

It’s an online event/challenge that happens in November every year. Basically, you sign up (for free) and you will aim to reach the goal of writing 50k in a month. You update your word count and have fun with other people doing the challenge by buddying up and encouraging each other.

So, that’s what I’ll be doing this November.

Screenshot 2017-10-12 at 7.56.26 PM.png

Yup. First ever NaNoWriMo. So this will be a cool experience. I don’t know why this seems so much…bigger, than Camp NaNo, but it does. I mean, the last two camps I have exceeded my goal of 50k, so, this should be no different…right?

I think it has a lot to do with the name. NaNoWriMo. No ‘Camp.’ It just seems so much more foreboding. I mean, I should be fine to get to my goal, I just need to calm down.

So I have been doing plotting. (No WAY I could write unplanned.) So, I figured I’d tell you guys a bit about what I’ll be working on.

I know that a while back I said I’d be moving on to the next book of the Survivor trilogy, buuuut, that isn’t to be. My brain is going dead on the dystopian line, and when I asked Jane she suggested to do something totally different. Soooo, that is what I shall be doing!

I am definitely doing something quite different.

As in, fantasy.

From 1st person present tense.

Very different to dystopian 3rd person past tense.

I have been trying to come up with a plot, with a little bit of success. I’ve got a basic idea. And some plot twists. I’ve planned out character arcs (always exciting) and a lot about my characters.

Jade Aethetics.jpg

Chosen by Fire is a fantasy novel about a nineteen year old girl called Jade who happens to be able to control and use fire. In Miritain, there has been an uprising that destroyed magic, and people have been hunting down and killing anyone who has these magical qualities.

However, there is also a secret group who are also trying to find people with magic—not to kill them—but to get them to fulfil an ancient prophecy that will restore peace, magic and prosperity to the region. Caeden, a twenty year old street musician, is among these people.

When Jade’s family found out that she was magical after she lost control over a fire and burnt her brother Pierre, she was cast out. One day, she met Caeden who saw her for who she was. The Chosen One of the Ancient Prophecy.

He eventually convinces her to come with him on the quest to fulfill the prophecy, and on the way they meet a strange man who trains Jade in her magic and teaches Caeden hand on combat. Thusly prepared, they leave.

Then…well, the rest is pretty big spoilers. But hey, it’s still cool.

I’ve had a lot of fun preparing for this, and have even done an Inspiration prompt that is Inspired by it!

Screenshot 2017-10-12 at 8.07.41 PM.png

Feeling Inspired? Are you doing NaNoWriMo? What’s your WIP? Feel free to comment, I love to talk!

4 comments:

  1. Sweeeeet, Jade's story sounds like its plotting is getting along nicely, then. Good job! *applauds*

    And ooh very cool prompt this week. *nodnod*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeees, it is indeed. *rubs hands together evilly*
      I'm glad you like the prompt! It was a cool one this time to come up with as well!

      Delete
  2. Eeek, sorry I'm so late! Doing Kung Fu three times a week takes up quite a bit of time. :-Z
    Anyway... NO YOU'RE NOT!!! November is coming way too soon. :-O That's exciting about your new WIP!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!!! Fire is an awesome power to have. :-D I love the inspiration! It's great. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem MEM!
      Yay! So glad it isn't just me. :P Look forward to writing it and eeep, yes, it is such a cool power!

      Delete