Saturday 27 October 2018

Storm Wielder for NaNo | A Project Update

Well. NaNoWriMo is nearly here. This time last year, I was getting ready to write my fantasy novel, Chosen by Fire. Since then, my writing style has changed (and improved) drastically. But now, a year has gone by, and I must plan for the next novel. And a while back, I mentioned that I had a novel planned, and even a playlist written.

Ironically, seeing that I spent pre-October plotting for NaNo, I have actually spent most of this month editing Flightless, which I’m sure I’ll talk more about in the upcoming months.

As it is, today’s post is about my new idea, Storm Wielder, and I really hope you guys like it as much as I do!


The book is a dystopian fantasy (new genre for me) and his going to be focusing on the major themes of family and sacrifice. These tie in nicely with my oversized cast of seven characters. (Two of which are ‘bad guys.’)

I did a mini post on Storm Wielder earlier, which you can check out right here.

Without any further ado, I shall let you meet the Storm Wielders.


Ty


Ty is my main character. He’s a twenty five year old man who has one sibling and whose parents died along with millions of others in the War of Storms. He’s fairly capable of looking after himself, and becomes very protective over anyone who he gets particularly attached to. He’s determined to save everyone, and this can sometimes be a bit of an issue.


Heather


Heather is a nineteen year old nature lover, and the one who invited Ty along to join the Storm Wielders. Her goal in the entire mess? To find a way to restore the world to how she’s been told it once was. Her version of rebellion against the censored world is to wear a flower crown, and to graffiti the streets with anything floral-based. She wants to be able to give younger people the opportunities she never had as a child.


Felix


Felix is the youngest Storm Wielder, and the most powerful. He was recruited when he was ten, and now four years have passed and his determination to be able to fix the world has made him by far the most dangerous of the lot. He spends his time either trying crazy new missions to bring the Storms back for good, or fooling about trying to make Kaman laugh…or at least smile. He lost both of his parents at a fairly young age, but tries to look at the positives of his life since.


Kaman


A man of an uncertain age who hides behind a painted mask is the leader of the Storm Wielders. When  someone first meets him, they’d probably be terrified by his outwardly rough nature, but really he spends most of his time trying to find others who have been hurt by the people who keep the world in drought. He doesn’t care what it takes, he will get his people—the Storm Wielders—the world he knew when he was a child.


Opia


A well-read twenty six year old hacker could be the most well grounded of the team. Opia enjoys reading, and trying to create beauty in the rather disgusting world she lives in. She encourages Heather in her pursuits by telling her stories that she has read of how the world used to look, and what people used to be like. She keeps the Storm Wielders out of a lot of danger with her hacking skills, and is desperate for the world to be back at peace again.



Well! There’s my characters. If you hadn’t guessed, I’m seriously looking forward to getting to write this and meet them for real!

What are your thoughts? Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year?

8 comments:

  1. YAS!
    This looks amazing and I'm so excited!!!
    Let me know if you are ever in need of beta readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEK! Love the enthusiasm! And I shall inform you. *nodnod*

      Delete
  2. Ahh, so excited to see what you think of such a large cast! This sotry is going to be great fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAH your story is sounding so cool!!! I LOVE your characters; especially Felix. <333 Also, their aesthetics are amazing. I'm doing Nano!!! I can't wait to get started. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep yay! So glad you like it! And yesss, Felix is precious. *pats him sadly*
      Haha, better thank Jane Maree for that. I learnt from her. (Although, colours still aren't working too well)
      OOOOOOH. Can't wait to see you there!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, I think my WIP is dystopian fantasy too, so that's interesting.

    Yay! That cast is looking great. Have fun with them! *retreats to dark writer's tower to plan the torture (*coughs* I mean development) of my own characters*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It's the time for dystopian fantasy!

      Haha yup. I shall have lots of 'fun' with them. *also scurried away to ensure enough torture has been set up...unfortunately literally for one of them...*

      Delete