Monday 22 June 2015

A Song Dream ( or nightmare)

 
Talk about a fear of technology! Sorry all, but I had a weird dream last night, so I wrote a song about it. Here it is!
 
This one's about a dream
I had last night
How a computer tracked me home
And stepped inside
 It put its foot inside the door
And gave a crooked smile
Something in its screen
Something in its mouse
Something in its keys
That made my skin crawl off

 It said, "I've seen you here before
I know your name.
You could have your pick
Of pretty things.
You could have it all
Everything at once.
Everything you've seen,
Everything you'll need,
Everything you've ever had in fantasies."


 I woke up from my dream
As a behind a screen
With a device I've never seen
With a golden sheen
I jumped up to my feet
It asked me what was wrong
I began to scream
I don't think this is me
Is this just a dream
Or really happening?

 Technophobia!
Technophobia!
 I'm freaking out!
I'm freaking out!
This is my personal horrification.

 Technophobia. Technophobia
Computers everywhere.

 I looked outside the screen
At golden doors
Golden computer keys
With golden cords
As my reflection passed
I hated what I saw
My holographic eyes were dead
And a thought passed through my head
A heart that is made of wires can't really beat at all

I wanted to wake up again
Without a touch of computer in sight

 Technophobia!
Technophobia!
Life begins at the intersection.
 
I think this dream may have come to me due to scams, computers knowing to much about everything and my superstition of computers taking over the world. Sorry about the computers being so personified, but that's how I dreamt it. By the way, 'technophobia' is a real word for when you have a fear of technology.





2 comments:

  1. So now we can add another phobia to the list. Claustrophobia and Technophobia! Googling all the random phobia's can be quite amusing, especially when you come across something like Ephebiphobia, it means Fear of Teenagers! Or Pteronophobia - Fear of being tickled by feathers!

    ReplyDelete